Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice: Healthy Recipes and Chiropractic Tips for Fall
Dr. Hebdon Here! I wanted to give you a few tips for staying happy and healthy this fall. As well as a bonus: some of my favorite fall recipes. Hope you enjoy this month’s blog!
4 Chiropractic Tips for Fall
- Maintain Good Posture: When sipping your pumpkin spice latte or enjoying a meal, sit up straight with your feet flat on the ground. This helps reduce stress on your spine and supports proper alignment.
- Stay Active: Engage in fall activities like hiking, apple picking, or raking leaves. Regular physical activity helps keep your muscles strong and your spine flexible.
- Avoid Overindulgence: While fall treats are delicious, try to enjoy them in moderation. Overindulging in sugary or fatty foods can lead to weight gain, which may negatively impact your spine.
- Schedule Chiropractic Check-ups: Regular chiropractic adjustments can help maintain spinal alignment, reduce pain, and improve overall well-being. Consider scheduling an appointment to ensure your spine is in its best shape.
BONUS: Dr. Hebdon’s Favorite Healthy Fall Recipes
- Pumpkin Smoothie: Blend canned pumpkin, Greek yogurt, a ripe banana, a dash of cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey for a satisfying breakfast packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Butternut Squash Soup: Enjoy a warm bowl of butternut squash soup. Roast butternut squash, onions, and garlic, then blend them with vegetable broth and a touch of nutmeg for a creamy, low-calorie soup.
- Spiced Nuts: Make your own spiced nuts using a mix of almonds, walnuts, and pecans. Season with cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of sea salt, then bake until crunchy for a protein-packed snack.
Remember that a balanced approach to nutrition and spinal health is key to enjoying the fall season to the fullest. By incorporating these healthy recipes and chiropractic tips into your routine, you can savor the flavors of autumn while taking care of your spine and overall well-being.
1. American Chiropractic Association. Tips for a Healthy Spine. Accessed on October 9, 2023.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Physical Activity and Health. Accessed on October 9, 2023.
3. Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The Nutrition Source. Accessed on October 9, 2023.
4. American Chiropractic Association. Chiropractic: A Safe Treatment Option. Accessed on October 9, 2023.
1. Mayo Clinic. Healthy Recipes: Pumpkin Smoothie. Accessed on October 9, 2023.
2. Mayo Clinic. Healthy Recipes: Butternut Squash Soup. Accessed on October 9, 2023.
3. Mayo Clinic. Healthy Recipes: Spiced Nuts. Accessed on October 9, 2023.
Schedule an Appointment